Raspberry/licorice chocolate truffles
In honor of the occasion, you get the TIPS before the recipe. This allows you to choose the perfect truffle variation, before you are half way finished.
TIP1: If you want ordinary white chocolate truffles, only with white chocolate , then skip the freeze-dried flavoring and liquorice in the middle. They are great when coated in white chocolate and decorated with for example dark chocolate, chopped nuts or raspberry powder.
Tip2: Both variants are also really delicious with salt licorice. Personally i think it gives them an extra touch. But you can try to do both, and find your own favorite.
TIP3: If you are not into liqurice, then you can put a toasted hazelnut into the center instead.
Tip4: You can use most fudges, licorice and caramels. ( I would probably use a dark chocolate truffle, if i wanted a caramel center, otherwise it can be very sweet).
Here is the recipe for white chocolate truffle balls with raspberry and licorice (about 30-35 pcs.):
- 25 g of unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons whipping cream 38%
- 225 g white chocolate (not buttons)
- 2 big tsp. freeze-dried powder
- Freeze-dried fruit/berry powder for garnish.
- 1 Bag of Caletti licorice, or other sweet Finnish licorice (see picture). Cut in half.
1. Place a large piece of bakingpaper on the kitchen table. (11.8 *15.7 inch).
2. Chop the chocolate into fine pieces.
3. Put butter and heavy cream in a small saucepan. Stir constantly while you slowly bring to a boil. Let cook 1 minute, still stirring. Take it off the heat.
4. Put the freeze-dried fruit/berry powder in the white truffle.
5. Pour out on bakingpaper and put it in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
6. Leave your halved licorice pieces ready. Use a teaspoon or a “melon spoon” to scoop the truffle mixture. Push the truffle out with a finger, place the licorice and wrap it in the truffle. Roll it in your hand until it is round. Do not spend too much time on it,the heat will quickly melt the chocolate and make it sticky.
7. Put them in a plastic box and place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. (If you have several layers, place bakingpaper between the layers).
Do you want to coat them with white chocolate, it can be done now. Roll them in raspberrypowder, if eaten immediately. Otherwise you may want to wait until just before serving. When refridgerated the powder become moist, and a recoating will be necessary.